Wednesday, November 8, 2017

OUGD601 Tutorial 1

Tutorial 1:

Talking through my idea with Simon it was suggested that my question still needed work. Instead of using the word perception which is too subjective, focus more on persuasion, this is because it will be a lot easier to find information and data. 

FOCUS
- Persuasion
- Lifestyle choice / factors 
- Why are we susceptible?
- Consumer identities - relationship / identity / consumer
- Identity - persuasion - lifestyle

TEXTS
- 'Identity and Consumption' Jansson-Boyd, Catherine V. (2010) Consumer Psychology
- John O'Shaughnessy, Nicholas Jackson O'Shaughnessy. (2004) Persuasion In Advertising
- Robin Warner - This is your Lifestyle

PREPARATION (10th NOV)
- Think about the first section of you essay, write a paragraph.

This tutorial was really helpful as I was able to make clear what I should be researching and what would be most appropriate for the topic area I am looking at. I was also made aware that I don't need to limit myself to just packaging I can look at advertising and branding as well. I still feel like I need to pinpoint what question I am going to answer and do a lot more research into the relevant topics.

No comments:

Post a Comment