Friday, December 8, 2017

OUGD601 Tutorial 3

Tutorial 3:

Todays tutorial with Simon was really useful to hear some feedback on what I have written so far for my essay.

Introduction:
- At the moment the style is like a documentary - isn't necessary
- Don't say aims - outline what areas I am looking at and what it does - include authors

Main content:
- Don't say advertising 'helps' consumers
- Differentiate between persuasive advertisements and others 
- Are there any references for Benetton
- Elaborate on meaning for Gosling experiment - products as a signifier for identity
- Don't use first person - say 'individual'
- Dictionary definition for lifestyle try to find someone else to define - expand on Giddens definition.
- Pavlov experiment needs to have better linkage - could be used to show repeated / consistent exposure to advertisements. Consistent brand message - constant reinforcement?

Areas to look into:
- Positive advertisements - positive reinforcement - such as sports brands - positive self improvement.

Overall the tutorial that I had with Simon was really beneficial as I was able to see that I am heading in the right direction as well as referencing correctly. I was encouraged to start thinking about what I am going to be doing for my practical as we have practical crits next week.

I really want to try and get my essay finished so that Simon can give me any edits / advice before we break up for Christmas, then I can focus fully on the practical.

No comments:

Post a Comment