Wednesday, April 19, 2017

OUGD501 Study Task 08: Studio Brief 2 - Responding to Feedback

Responding to Feedback:
I have decided to respond to the feedback regarding my second design as I think that this is the strongest and most reflects a luxury product.


Feedback Recap:
- The colour scheme works, helps the design to stand out and appear more luxurious.
- The star is subtle but helps to emphasise the quality.
- Yellow tabs at top and bottom help to add definition to the packaging.
- Typeface is appropriate, thin and elegant.
- More authentic, oriental feel
- Could consider foiling where the star is instead of white.

As one of the points of feedback was to make the star foiled, I have tested this out in three colours.

Silver:


Gold:


Blue:


Feedback:

Silver - very striking

Gold - clashes with the yellow / compliments yellow

Blue - relates to old design / striking colour contrast / stand out on shelves

Based on the feedback I have decided to choose the blue as I think this will help with brand recognition for loyal consumers as well as providing a striking colour contrast that will stand out on shelves.

No comments:

Post a Comment