Saturday, April 16, 2016

OUGD401 Feedback

During a crit I decided to ask my peers a series of questions that will help further inform my design decisions.

1) What typefaces do you associate with children's cereal?
- Bold
- Bubble writing
- Friendly
- Sans-serif
- 3D
- Outlined for emphasis
- Specifically designed titles (isn't necessarily a set typeface)
- Clear and legible

2) What colours do you associate with children's cereal?
- Bright
- Vibrant
- Engaging
- Blue
- Red 
- Block colours
- Bold
- In your face
- Colourful

3) What would you include in the design of the box?
- An image of the cereal
- Characters
- Film characters
- Nutritional info for adults who will buy it for there children
- Games
- Competitions
- Prizes / toys
- Large images and text

This information was really useful to gain a better understanding of how I could potentially design something to become a brand leader. It allowed me to feel more confident in what I was doing as I wasn't quite sure that my practical idea is clear enough but people understood that I was trying to utilise brand design techniques to influence the consumer.

No comments:

Post a Comment