Sunday, April 24, 2016

OUGD401 Module Evaluation

Within this module it has given me the opportunity to use contextual knowledge and skills in critical writing; and using practice as a method of research. I have however found this very challenging. I decided to chose a topic that I already have an interest in as I felt like I would be more motivated and produce better work (What is the relationship between branding and The Consumer Self?). Although because I have struggled to grasp CoP It has probably suffered the most as I really let the practical work get on top of me. I found the essay challenging but it was something that I wanted to get done so I tried to put as much into it as I could, but after looking at it several time I grew sick of it. In second year I'm going to try and have a better grasp on CoP so that I am more confident in what I produce. Overall my time management was reasonably good as I was able to gain a lot from the resources that I used.

I don't think collecting research is one of my strong points, as for the essay I needed to get information from a wide range of sources and it took some time for me to try and find the appropriate ones. I really want to improve on this for next year, and if I need help be confident enough to ask for it. I am overall quite happy with my essay, I received some useful feedback and I know that I can improve my writing skills for next year.

The practical part of CoP is what I struggled with the most as I didn't quite understand what I had to do. In terms of linking with my essay I believe that it does although it might not be in such an obvious way. Next year I am still interested in branding but maybe learning about something new, and taking a different direction will be more beneficial too me, and it will take me more out of my comfort zone.


No comments:

Post a Comment